This recipe was submitted from Heather S. who is on the eMeals paleo plan. She thought this chili was delicious enough to send in for us to feature on our user submitted recipe Monday!
If you snap a photo of your eMeals meal, please send it to email@example.com along with the menu plan and menu number you used for the recipe and you may be featured here on our blog!
- 3 tablespoons ancho chili powder, divided
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1½ pounds beef stew meat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 cups chopped green bell pepper
- ⅓ cup chopped fresh garlic
- 3 cups organic 99% fat free, reduced-sodium beef broth
- 3 – 14.5 oz cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 large avocados, peeled, pitted & diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Combine 1 tablespoon chili powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl; rub mixture evenly over beef. Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add beef, onion, bell pepper and garlic. Sauté 6 minutes, or until beef is browned. Add broth, tomatoes, remaining 2 tablespoons chili powder and cumin. Cover and simmer for 1 hour. Uncover and cook an additional 15 minutes. Stir in cilantro just before serving.
- Combine avocado, cilantro, garlic, salt, pepper, and cumin in a medium bowl. Smash with a fork until combined. Serve on top of chili.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 560, Total Fat: 37 g, Saturated Fat: 11 g, Cholesterol: 100 mg, Sodium: 640 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 29 g, Dietary Fiber: 12 g, Sugars: 9 g, Protein: 29 g