eMeals is proud to announce the launch of our newest Paleo Meal Plan, coming next week! Like all our other plans, the Paleo Meal Plan will include seven easy and delicious dinner recipes and a shopping list to make Paleo meal planning simple. Check out this sample recipe from the plan and let us know what you think.
Skirt steak is flavorful and rich, but can sometimes be tough – be sure to cut it into thin strips across the grain.
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound skirt or flank steak, trimmed
- 4 cups baby mixed greens
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 4 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat broiler. Combine paprika, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Brush olive oil evenly over steak. Sprinkle both sides with spice mixture, pressing to adhere.
- Place on a broiler pan. Broil 4 inches from heat for 8-10 minutes, turning once.
- Remove from oven; let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- Combine mixed greens, tomatoes, bacon, and red onion in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine vinegar, oil, mustard, garlic, salt, and black pepper.
- Stir with a whisk and toss with salad mixture. Top salad with steak.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 380, Total Fat: 25.4 g, Saturated Fat: 6.4 g, Cholesterol: 82 mg, Sodium: 668 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 10 g, Dietary Fiber: 3.7 g, Sugars: 4.3 g, Protein: 29 g