Paleo baking doesn’t have to be tricky. In fact, if you stock your pantry with the right ingredients, you can whip together your favorite baked treats in no time at all. In these Paleo Pecan Brownies from the eMeals Dessert Plan, coconut flour and sugar stand in for all-purpose flour and granulated sugar, ensuring the recipe is gluten free.
Coconut sugar is derived from the sap of the flower buds on the coconut palm. Perfect for Paleo baking, you can find it in the specialty baking aisle of your grocery store, or buy it online from Amazon or Bob’s Red Mill. It can be used as a one-to-one replacement for granulated or brown sugar in most baking recipes.
Related Recipe: Gluten Free 3 Layer Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake
About the eMeals Dessert Plan
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil plus ¼ cup coconut oil,
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ cup coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9- x 9-inch pan with 1 Tbsp coconut oil.
- Combine banana, remaining ¼ cup coconut oil, vanilla, coconut milk, honey, coconut sugar, and eggs in a blender. Blend on low until smooth; transfer mixture to a medium-size bowl.
- Whisk in cocoa powder, coconut flour, and baking soda. Stir in pecans. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until center is set. Let cool 10 minutes. Cut into small squares. Serve chilled, if desired.