Warm up these final chilly nights of winter with a bowl of easy-to-make Paleo chili. This quick-prep slow-cooker recipe is the perfect family favorite for busy weekdays. Sweet potatoes provide a healthy boost of fiber, Vitamin A and calcium, while the fire-roasted tomatoes give it an extra layer of flavor.
Serve the chili with diced avocado or fresh cilantro, if desired. And if you aren’t a Paleo follower, feel free to substitute olive oil for the coconut oil.
Want more family-friendly Paleo recipes? Give the eMeals Paleo meal plan a try. Our 14-day free trial will get you two weeks’ worth of dinner recipes, complete with side dishes and grocery lists. We even have a breakfast and lunch plan, so that you can keep Paleo, without stressing, for every meal of the day.
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted (substitute avocado oil)
- 11/2 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into chunks (substitute 1 medium butternut squash)
- 2 (14.5-oz) cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp chili powder
- ½ tsp salt,1/2 tsp pepper
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef, bell pepper, onion and garlic; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is browned, stirring to crumble. Transfer meat mixture to a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker. Stir in sweet potatoes, tomatoes, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on LOW 6 hours.