Once the weather turns warm, we give our oven a break and fire up the grill. We cook everything over the flames: beer-can chicken, asparagus and mushrooms, black bean burgers. But every now and again, we’ll grill fish instead of the requisite burger. Whip up a light vinaigrette for basting, and you’ve got yourself a guilt-free dinner in a char-grilled flash.
The latest fish we tried was the Grilled Salmon with Lemon-Thyme Vinaigrette (recipe below) from the eMeals Paleo plan. We paired it with a simple sauté of fresh green beans and multicolored bell peppers, all of which you can brush with more of the delicious vinaigrette. If you’re a Paleo enthusiast, check out our Paleo meal plan for more fresh recipes that follow Paleo food guidelines. And give the oven a break. Your grill is ready to go!
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 6 (6-oz) salmon fillets
- Whisk together thyme, lemon rind and juice, oil and garlic.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over salmon.
- Grill salmon, covered with grill lid, 3 minutes per side or to desired degree of doneness.
- Remove from grill, and brush with vinaigrette.