The holidays are a season of baking. Whether you’re bringing cookies to your childrens’ classrooms, swapping cake slices at your work’s Christmas celebration, or sharing a pie with family and friends, December is definitely a sweets-filled month. So sometimes it’s nice to have a handy, easy recipe to turn to that won’t take hours to prepare but can still impress. The eMeals Dessert and Occasions plans are here to do just that! This beautiful Pistachio Honey Cake was featured on both plans, and we’re sharing it today here on the blog.
Not only is the cake easy to prepare, but the frosting is out-of-this-world good! Simple and fresh (with a hint of orange from freshly grated rind), it’s the perfect fluffy topping to the cake. Drizzle the top with local honey and sprinkle with additional pistachios, and you’ll have a beautiful cake to share with friends and family—without all the holiday fuss.
About the eMeals Dessert Plan
What is the Occasions Plan?
Gathering with family and friends is one of life’s great joys, be it a festive fall harvest or special Christmas dinner. Whether you’re a first-time hostess or a confident cook, the eMeals Occasions Plan menus will be your go-to source for entertaining. New menus are sent to you every other week, and you’ll always have access to every previous menu right at your fingertips.
- ½ cup finely chopped pistachios
- 1 (15.25-oz) box yellow cake mix
- 1 (8-oz) carton sour cream
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F; spray a 9-inch round pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle pistachios in bottom of pan.
- Stir together cake mix, sour cream, oil, ¼ cup water, eggs, and cinnamon in a large bowl until smooth. Pour batter over pistachios in pan.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cake cool in pan 15 minutes.
- Remove from pan; cool completely on a wire rack. Frost.
- 1 (8-oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 Tbsp grated orange rind
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 (8-oz) carton heavy whipping cream
- Garnishes: finely chopped pistachios, honey
- Beat cream cheese and orange rind at medium speed with a mixer until creamy; gradually beat in powdered sugar until smooth
- Beat heavy cream in a separate bowl at medium speed until stiff peaks form
- Add half of beaten cream to cream cheese mixture, stirring until combined. Add remaining cream to mixture, stirring just until smooth
- Spread frosting on top of cake; sprinkle with pistachios, and drizzle with honey just before serving