What is your favorite pasta salad? Classic pasta salad is such a versatile recipe that has been a long-time summer staple and for good reason! We took this chilled summer salad and put a new kid-friendly and healthy twist on it. Make this Pizza Pasta Salad for your kids to enjoy for lunch during the warm months at the beginning of the school year or just make it to bring to your next summer BBQ.
- 8 oz uncooked whole grain penne pasta
- 4 oz package mini turkey pepperoni slices
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2.25 oz can sliced black olives, drained
- ½ (8-oz) block part-skim mozzarella cheese, cut
- into chunks
- ½ cup bottled light Italian dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Rinse with cold water to cool.
- Combine cooked pasta, pepperoni, tomatoes, bell pepper, olives and cheese in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing, and toss to coat.
- Divide salad evenly among 6 containers.