If you think that eating healthy for weight loss has to be time consuming and expensive, then this recipe is for you. Using a slow cooker makes getting dinner on the table easy, while the added step of browning the meat ensures a flavorful final dish.
This recipe is from the eMeals Portion Control for 2 Meal Plan, which syncs with today’s popular portion control weight loss programs. The plan helps you balance nutrition, time, and budget so you can succeed in your weight loss goals and create meals that will please your entire family.
Thanks to Mercedes from The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife for submitting her photo. If you snap a photo of your eMeals meal, please send it to email@example.com along with the menu plan and menu number you used for the recipe and you may be featured here on our blog!
- ¾ lb lean London broil, cut into 3 equal pieces
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced
- ½ lb carrots, peeled & sliced
- ½ (0.6 ounce) package au jus gravy mix
- ½ cup fat free beef broth
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Heat a medium skillet coated with cooking spray over high heat. Brown beef on all sides.
- Place onion & carrots in crock-pot; top with beef.
- Combine gravy mix, broth, garlic, and pepper; pour over beef.
- Cook on low for 6 – 7 hours or until meat and veggies are tender.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 270, Total Fat: 10 g, Saturated Fat: 3.5 g, Cholesterol: 80 mg, Sodium: 390 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 17 g, Dietary Fiber: 3 g, Sugars: 9 g, Protein: 27 g
Makes 3 servings at 6 each.