Looking for a fantastic cookie recipe for the rest of your summer? These Pound Cake Cookies are both soft (thanks to the cake-like cookie) and crunchy (thanks to the pecans), making them the perfect mouthful of texture and flavor. As an added bonus, the dough comes together in less than 30 minutes and can be chilled overnight, making it a convenient treat for busy schedules. Mix up the dough before bed and pop the cookies in the oven the next day. They’re great for kids or for an easy dessert after a day of cooking on the grill. Package some up for neighbors or vacation travels too. We hope these little cookies disappear at your house as fast as they disappeared in our test kitchen!
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon almond extract (or sub lemon or
- rum extract)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup pecan halves
- Beat butter at medium speed with a mixer until creamy; gradually add sugar, beating well.
- Add egg yolk and extracts; beat well.
- Combine flour and salt; gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Cover and chill dough at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Press 1 pecan half into each cookie ball.
- Bake12 to 14 minutes or until edges are golden; cool 2 minutes, and remove to wire racks to cool completely.
This recipe is from our fabulous Dessert plan. If you’re looking for treats to serve at a brunch, occasional healthy desserts, and a variety, this is the plan for you! Satisfy your sweet tooth and enjoy.