This recipe was submitted by Caroline from the blog Chocolate and Carrots. She said this quick crock-pot chili is the way to go for a quick meal on a chilly night. It comes together easily and simmers in your crockpot while filling your home with delicious scents!
If you snap a photo of your eMeals meal, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the menu plan and menu number you used for the recipe and you may be featured here on our blog!
- ½ pound lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 sweet medium onion, chopped
- 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Optional Toppings: Shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the meat and onion; cook, stirring to crumble, until browned.
- Transfer the meat and onions to a crock pot.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, water, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours.
- Serve topped with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream, if desired.