Bright and early this morning we took our pumpkin chocolate chip muffins over to Rick and Bubba to have for breakfast. eMeals has been featured by the two big guys on their radio show recently and we knew these muffins would hit the spot!
By replacing half of the flour in this recipe with whole wheat flour, you get an extract dose of heart-healthy and filling fiber. Pumpkin makes these muffins moist and adds Vitamins A, C, E, and K and fiber, not to mention the flavor of fall. Adding a small amount of chocolate chips makes these muffins sweet enough for a dessert that you can feel good about.
- 1½ c all-purpose flour
- 1½ c whole wheat flour
- 2 c sugar
- 2 t baking soda
- 1½ t pumpkin pie spice
- ½ t salt
- ⅔ c canola oil
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- ½ c mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Combine all dry ingredients.
- Combine oil, eggs, & pumpkin in separate bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry mixture stirring until just moist. Stir in chocolate chips if using.
- Scoop batter into 28 muffin cups coated with cooking spray or lined with paper liners.
- Bake at 350 for 18-20 mins or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Nutrition Information (per muffin): Calories: 180, Total Fat: 7 g, Saturated Fat: 1.5 g, Cholesterol: 20 mg, Sodium: 140 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 28 g, Dietary Fiber: 2 g, Sugars: 17 g, Protein: 3 g