Short on time? Whip up something special in 30 minutes with just 3 ingredients. This recipe comes in at under $5 and is sure to be just the sweet treat you are looking for!
Quick Three-Ingredient Dessert Recipe: Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 1½ cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 16 oz strawberries, washed and thoroughly dried
- Wax paper
- Optional Garnish: Flaked coconut, finely chopped toasted nuts
- Place chocolate chips and shortening in a glass bowl.
- Microwave on medium power for 2 – 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted.
- Dip strawberries into melted chocolate, and allow excess to drip back into the bowl.
- Place dipped strawberries on baking sheets lined with wax paper.
- If desired, roll strawberries immediately in coconut or chopped nuts.
- Chill 30 minutes, or until set.