Today, we’re welcoming Carrie from Coupon Closet, to share a frugal recipe with us! It’s perfect for Valentine’s Day since it’s red and yummy. If you’re interested in getting dessert recipes and ideas each week, make sure to check out our NEW dessert menu!
I LOVE cake mix cookies. Since cake mixes have been cheap lately at MANY stores, I thought I would share one of our family’s favorites… Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies. These cookies are moist, rich in flavor and are so easy to make. In fact – there are only three ingredients! My favorite part is that you can make an entire batch for only $.50 when you are matching your coupons with the sales.
- 1 Box Red Velvet Cake Mix
- 2 Eggs
- ⅓ cup of Vegetable Oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix everything except the powdered sugar into a bowl (Batter will be thick).
- Spoon onto cookie sheets leaving about 2 inches between cookies.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until cookies brown SLIGHTLY on the edges.
- Allow to cook slightly and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Here are a few other fun cake mix cookie recipes to try:
- Snickerdoodle Cake Mix cookies
- Strawberry Cake Mic Cookies
- Chocolate Butterscotch Cake Mix Cookie bars
- Chocolate Chip Cake Mix Cookie bars
Carrie Loper, a frugal living expert, teaches people how to save money and live well on less on her blog CouponCloset.net. She stays busy with her 4 young children, coaching their teams, and teaching local coupon classes. Not only does she teach people in person and online how to use coupon effectively, she also shares other ways to save money each month. She inspires others with her story of how she paid cash for their adoption and how she saves her family over $8,000 each year just by the use of coupons.