Now’s the time to enjoy fresh summer produce and the recipes that make them sing. Quick salads, salsas, and sautés require minimal cooking time and allow in-season produce to shine, like with this easy Sautéed Grouper with Tomato-Avocado Salsa. Firm-textured Roma tomatoes (also called plum or Italian plum tomatoes) are perfect for salsas such as this one, especially when paired with ripe avocados and a squeeze of lime juice. Toss the salsa together and let it stand while you quickly sauté the fish. You’ll have a perfect summer recipe on the table in no time!
Related recipe: How to Seed Tomatoes
Watch your grocery store for seafood specials. If grouper is too pricy at your local store, try flounder or tilapia instead. All of these options are flaky white fish, and will cook just as quickly.
Interested in more quick and easy recipes? Check out our 30 Minute Meals meal plan! Whether you’re searching for a way to ease the dinnertime rush or need guidance in following a particular diet or eating lifestyle, eMeals takes the fuss out of dinner (and breakfast and lunch!) with weekly meal plans delivered right to your inbox or smartphone. Every week delivers seven recipes and coordinating side dishes, along with a compiled grocery list—including exact package sizes! Click here to learn more, check out our menus, and give our free 14-day trial a try.
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1 tsp pepper, divided
- 6 small grouper fillets (or use flounder or tilapia)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil (or use avocado oil)
- Combine tomatoes, avocados, cilantro, lime juice, garlic powder and ½ tsp each salt and pepper
- Sprinkle fish with remaining ½ tsp each salt and pepper.
- Cook fish, in batches, in hot oil in a nonstick skillet 3 to 4 minutes per side or until fish flakes with a fork.
- Top each serving with Tomato-Avocado Salsa.