Our Valentine’s Day menus are back! We’ve whipped up some delicious and tantalizing full menus to help you save money, eat in, and avoid the crowds this Valentine’s Day! Everyone knows the way to a man’s (or woman’s) heart is through the stomach, so it’s time to start some first-class cooking! This simple gourmet is dressed up and elegant and sure to please your significant other or family this year.
Our Simple Gourmet Valentine Dinner features crispy chicken breasts with mushroom and thyme pan sauce, roasted garlic and baby red potatoes, steamed cauliflower with vinaigrette, shaved carrot and parsley salad, and a rich, fudgy dark chocolate torte.
This fudge inspired chocolatey torte will have you singing its praises as the beautiful finish to your meal. See below for how to make this masterpiece!
- Butter and flour for pan
- 7 ounces dark chocolate baking squares, chopped
- ½ cup butter
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Optional Garnish: Powdered sugar, fresh raspberries
- Butter and flour a 9-inch spring-form pan. Preheat oven to 275°F.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler or metal bowl set over a pan of simmering water; stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat, and cool 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 4 egg yolks, sugar and flour. Stir in chocolate mixture.
- In a metal bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into chocolate mixture; DO NOT over mix.
- Pour into prepared pan, and bake 45 minutes (toothpick will NOT come out clean).
- Cool 10 minutes before removing walls of pan. Cool completely.
- Garnish with powdered sugar & berries if desired.
- Note: You can also use a 9-inch round cake pan. Do not attempt to remove the cake from the pan; slice and serve from pan.
If you are an eMeals member, these meal plans are FREE and waiting for you on your members page. If not, sign up now to get this full V-day menu, Paleo V-day menu, and a desserts menu on us.
PS Don’t forget to enter to win our $140 value Valentine’s Day giveaway here.