Break out your slow cooker for this finger-licking family classic. A quick mix of six ingredients makes a perfect rub to coat pull-apart-tender short ribs. The slow cooker is an ideal way to cook this cut of meat, because the low-and-slow cooking method breaks down the tough meat into fall-off-the-bone results every time. Pair it with a Fresh Apricot Salad for a bright, flavorful meal.
Related Recipe: Slow-Cooker Clean Eating Pork Provencal
Want more family-favorite slow-cooker recipes? Give our Slow Cooker Clean Eating or Classic plan a try! It’s free for the first 14 days.
- 1 (6-oz) can tomato paste
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1½ teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lb beef short ribs
- 1 cup beef broth
- Stir together tomato paste, vinegar, honey, Cajun seasoning, garlic salt and pepper; rub over ribs. Place ribs in a lightly greased 5- to 6- quart slow cooker; pour in broth.
- Cover and cook on Low 7 to 8 hours.
- 1 (5-oz) package fresh arugula
- 3 fresh apricots, pitted and sliced
- 1 (3-oz) package goat cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Combine arugula, apricots and goat cheese in a large bowl. Whisk together olive oil and vinegar; drizzle over salad, and toss gently to combine.