These Clean Eating Slow Cooker Chicken Nachos were made by Made South owner, Kimberly. She and her family have been long time eMeals users and we’re so glad she shared them with us on Instagram and Facebook. So many people were going wild over this photo that we knew you guys would want the recipe here on our blog as well.
Here’s what Kimberly had to say about this recipe, “THIS is why you need #eMeals. All this busy momma did was follow directions. No searching for recipes, making grocery lists or wondering, “What am I gonna make tonight?” Chicken Sausage Nachos with NO junk ingredients.”
- 2 (12-oz) packages spicy chipotle chicken sausage
- 1 (15-oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1½ cups frozen whole kernel corn
- ½ cup reduced sodium chicken broth
- 11/2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 9 cups multi-grain tortilla chips
- 11/2 cups freshly shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
- 2 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, thinly sliced
- Combine sausage, beans, corn, broth, chili powder, pepper, garlic powder and salt in a 5- to 7-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on Low 4 hours.
- Remove sausage; chop.
- Return remaining sausage to slow cooker.
- Preheat broiler.
- Spread tortilla chips on 2 rimmed baking sheets.
- Top chips with chopped sausage mixture and cheese.
- Broil 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Top with sour cream (if using), tomato and jalapeno.
Would you like to try out our Slow Cooker Clean Eating meal plan? What’s your favorite way to fix nachos? Let us know in the comments and check out the meal plan here!