One of the advantages of using a slow cooker is that you can make a big batch of something and have leftovers. Instead of serving the exact same thing two days in a row, repurpose yesterday’s leftovers to make today’s new and exciting dinner recipe. Our new slow cooker meal plans that are launching soon will include five slow cooker recipes per week, plus two quick, easy, and inventive meals built on leftovers. Check out the sample recipe below from our Slow Cooker Clean Eating Family Plan that uses Lemon Chicken Thighs prepared earlier in the week to make a delicious pasta dish that comes together in less than 20 minutes.
- 12 oz whole wheat rotini or penne pasta
- 12 oz broccoli florets
- 4 reserved Lemon Chicken Thighs, chopped
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup walnuts, toasted
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding broccoli during last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Drain; return pasta and broccoli to pot.
- Stir in chicken, broth, oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat 5 minutes, tossing frequently until heated through.
- Top with cheese and nuts.
These new Slow Cooker meal plans will simplify meal planning and make home cooked family meals possible, no matter your schedule. For the Slow Cooker Family Meal Plan, we recommend a 5- to 6- quart slow cooker. For the Slow Cooker for 2 Meal Plan, use a 3- to 4- quart slow cooker. As a general rule of thumb, make sure your slow cooker is at least half full for safe cooking.
How often do you use your slow cooker? Leave a comment and let us know.