Now’s the prime time to take out that slow-cooker and make a big batch of chili. But if you’re a Paleo follower, there are some common chili toppings that you’ll need to avoid.
- Sour cream
- Tortilla chips and Fritos
- Red or green onion
- Tabasco or hot sauce
- Black olives
- Bell pepper
- For a really over-the-top indulgence, top with a fried egg!
Stay tuned for tomorrow, when we pair this yummy Slow-Cooker Paleo Chili recipe with other fun treats for a healthy take on a Halloween party menu!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 11/2 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (14.5-oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, ½ teaspoon pepper
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef, onion and garlic; cook 8 to 10 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble.
- Transfer meat and onion mixture to a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker. Add tomatoes, bell pepper, chili powder, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on LOW 6 hours.