Happy Friday, all! We’re popping in today to share this amazing recipe from the eMeals + HEALTH Magazine partner plan. You can’t go wrong with the classic combination of steak and blue cheese, but pair it with colorful fingerling potatoes and a creamy buttermilk-chive dressing, and you’re guaranteed dinnertime success.
Need to shave off some prep time? Boil the potatoes and whisk together the dressing beforehand. Then just grill off the steak and toss together the salad just before serving.
Interested in learning more about the eMeals + HEALTH Magazine partner plan? eMeals tames the dinnertime rush with weekly meal plans (and coordinating grocery lists sorted by grocery aisle and exact package sizes!) suited to your family’s needs. We’ve partnered with HEALTH magazine to bring you original HEALTH recipes every week, straight to your inbox or smartphone app. Click here to learn more and try our 14-day free trial!
- 1 lb fingerling potatoes (about 16)
- 1¼ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh chives, plus more for
- 1½ Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 12 oz skirt steak
- ½ tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 cups watercress, coarse stems removed,
- 2 radishes, sliced (about ¼ cup)
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- Put potatoes in a saucepan and cover with cold water by 2 inches. Stir in 1 tsp salt. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, 12 to 15 minutes. Drain. Slice potatoes in half lengthwise.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, chives, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and garlic.
- Preheat a grill to high. Pat steak dry and season with pepper and remaining ¼ tsp salt. Oil grill grates. Grill steak, turning once, about 6 minutes total for medium. Transfer steak to a cutting board, cover loosely with foil, and let rest 10 minutes. Slice steak against the grain.
- Arrange watercress, radishes, potatoes and steak on 4 serving plates. Drizzle salads with dressing, crumble blue cheese on top and serve.