This salad is bursting with the fresh flavors of summer. You can probably find the spring mix, strawberries, onions, honey and maybe even goat cheese at your farmers’ market for a truly local dish. Peppery greens and red onion are balanced by sweet strawberries, honey and mild, creamy goat cheese.
- 5 oz fresh spring mix salad greens
- ½ cup sliced fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1½ tablespoons fig balsamic vinegar*
- 1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 oz crumbled goat cheese
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Combine spring mix, strawberries and red onion in a large bowl.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar and olive oil around the outer edge of the bowl; sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss gently to coat.
- Divide salad evenly among 4 plates.
- Top each serving evenly with goat cheese, and drizzle with honey. Makes 4 servings.
*Note: Substitute pomegranate, raspberry or any other fruit-infused balsamic vinegar, if desired.
What are your favorite things to buy at the farmers’ market? Let us know here in the comments or on Twitter!