Spice up your burger this Labor Day with our Taco Burgers with Chipotle Cream Sauce. The patties get a kick from taco seasoning and pickled jalapeños, and the sauce has the perfect balance of subtle heat and cooling sour cream. Top them with Pepper Jack cheese and these burgers will have you singing our praises this Labor Day Monday!
Whether you plan on grilling out at a tailgate this weekend, spending time at the lake, or just a calm cool grill out in your backyard on Labor Day this is the perfect burger to kick up your grilling out session a notch. Have a wonderful Labor Day!
- 1 ½ pounds ground chuck
- 3 tablespoons taco seasoning mix
- 3 tablespoons diced pickled jalapeños
- 4 slices Pepper Jack cheese
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces shredded lettuce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce, minced
- For burgers: Combine ground chuck, taco seasoning mix and jalapeños; shape mixture into 4 patties. Grill over medium-high heat, for 6 minutes per side, or until internal temperature reaches 160˚. Top each patty with one slice of cheese just before removing from grill.
- For Chipotle Cream: Combine sour cream, cilantro and chipotle chili. Cover, and chill for up to 3 days.
- To assemble, spread desired amount of Chipotle Cream onto bottom halves of buns. Top each bun with a burger patty, sliced avocado, tomato and lettuce.