This healthy riff on the popular seven-layer dip gets extra credit by providing whole grains, fiber, calcium and protein—plus they’re gluten free! It just takes a few minutes for you to mash the beans and chop the tomatoes and green onions. The other ingredients don’t require any hands-on prep and can be stored in separate containers in the refrigerator. Then everyone can make their own when hunger strikes! This is a perfect back to school snack that everyone will love.
- 1 (15-oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup store-bought guacamole
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup chunky salsa
- ½ cup shredded colby-Jack cheese (or use Cheddar)
- 1 cup chopped plum tomatoes (optional)
- 2 green onions, chopped (optional)
- 1 (5½-oz) bag gluten-free tortilla chips or wholegrain chips
- Combine black beans, lime juice, ground cumin, and 2 to 3 teaspoons water in a medium bowl; mash with a potato masher until almost smooth.
- Layer ¼ cup black bean mixture, 2 tablespoons guacamole, 2 tablespoons sour cream, 2 tablespoons salsa and 2 tablespoons cheese in 4 (1- or 2-cup) plastic containers.
- Top each with ¼ cup tomato and green onions, if desired.
- Serve with chips.
This recipe comes from our Back to School Survival Guide which comes free with any eMeals purchase!