This salad screams colorful, summer, healthy meal! The colors and vibrancy of the flavor draws you in and makes for a perfect lunch or dinner to keep your family on making healthy choices leading up to summer. One of our bloggers, Chocolate & Carrots, whipped up this recipe from her eMeals Whole Foods Natural and Organic for 2 plan and said, “This peanut-y, Asian flare makes for a scrumptious salad, calling me to pile on the veggies!”
- ¾ cup light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 5 oz package spring mix salad greens
- ½ cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine coconut milk, soy sauce, peanut butter, brown sugar and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat; stir in shredded chicken.
- To assemble salads, evenly layer salad greens, bean sprouts and carrot in each of 2 bowls. Top evenly with warm chicken and peanut sauce. Sprinkle with lime juice of desired.
We will be featuring one recipe per month from one of our eMeals bloggers who share about us on their blog with a photo of a delicious meal. If you are a blogger and want to be part of our eMeals Connect blogger network, please submit an application here.