Snacks can be part of healthy diet if you make the right choices. Look for options that are high in protein and fiber to help you stay full until your next meal. Check out our Top 5 Low Fat Protein-Packed Snack Ideas:
- Siggi’s® Skyr Yogurt: If you like Greek yogurt, try its cousin from Iceland. Skyr is yogurt made from skim milk and strained to create a thick, creamy consistency similar to Greek yogurt, but always fat free. One 5.3 oz container packs an impressive 14 grams of protein with just 100 calories and 0 grams of fat. Best of all, it comes in nine flavors, including vanilla, plain, and our favorite, Pomegranate & Passion Fruit. Find it at Whole Foods, The Fresh Market, and other grocery stores.
- Mediterranean Snacks™ Baked Hummuz Crispz™: If you like hummus dip, try these baked snacks that have the flavor of hummus without the need for refrigeration. The crispy texture is a cross between a chip and a cracker to satisfy your need to crunch. Of the three flavors, we liked the roasted red pepper the best. One serving of 14 crispz contains 5 grams of protein, 120 calories, and just 3 grams of fat.
- Kashi® GoLean® Cereal, Original: Cereal can be a great snack any time of the day. Keep a box at your desk for those times when afternoon hunger strikes. This mix of fiber twigs, soy protein grahams, and Whole Grain and Sesame Puffs is slightly sweet and crunchy. A 1 cup serving contains 13 grams of protein and only 140 calories and 1 gram of fat, plus a whopping 10 grams of fiber to help keep you full and satisfied. Top with skim milk, or enjoy dry.
- POLLY-O 2% Twist Cheese®: String cheese isn’t just for the kiddos. A combination of mozzarella and cheddar, this variety boasts 6 grams of protein and only 50 calories and 3.5 grams of fat per serving. Enjoy with grapes or with fresh bell pepper slices for a low carb protein boost.
- Orville Redenbacher’s® SmartPop!® Kettle Corn Mini Bags: That’s right – popcorn can be a healthy, whole grain and protein-packed snack if you choose the right kind. One mini bag of SmartPop! Kettle Corn contains 4 grams of protein, 100 calories, and just 2 grams of fat.
Do you have other ideas for easy protein-packed snacks? Leave a comment and let us know your ideas or what you think about our suggestions.