From grocery store shelves, to fast food, to fine dining, vegetables are taking center stage as vegetarian, vegan, plant-based and meatless diets continue to gain popularity. All this attention on vegetables certainly has health benefits. If you’re considering going vegetarian, check out our Top 5 Reasons to go Vegetarian:
- Reduce Your Risk of Chronic Diseases - Studies have shown that vegetarians diets high in vegetables, fruits, and whole grains may reduce your risk of several chronic diseases, including heart disease, Type 2 diabetes, and some cancers.
- Control Your Weight - Vegetarians tend to have a lower BMI (body mas index) than meat-eaters. Vegetables are low in calories and fat and high in fiber to help you feel full longer while eating less total calories.
- Optimize Your Overall Health - Vegetarian diets are high in vital nutrients, including fiber, folate, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and potassium to help you stay healthy, feel your best every day, and maybe even live longer!
- Love the Environment and Animals - Many people adopt a vegetarian lifestyle because it reduces their carbon footprint (the amount of energy and resources they consume) or because they are concerned about the treatment of animals.
- Broaden Your Horizons - Stuck in a meat-and-potatoes rut? There are many options to get your protein fix without consuming meat. Explore new options with eggs, protein-rich whole grains like quinoa, nuts, seeds, and other new vegetarian meal ideas and recipes.
The eMeals Vegetarian meal plan provides a practical way to feed your family great tasting, affordable vegetarian meals every night of the week. With eMeals, you can stick to a vegetarian diet and please your entire family with one recipe.
There are many variations of vegetarian diets. Our plan is a lacto-ovo vegetarian meal plan, which excludes all animal meat but includes dairy and egg products. Many of the recipes are vegan or can easily be adapted to a vegan lifestyle.
Check out the sample recipe below for a taste of what the eMeals Vegetarian meal plan has to offer or download this free week of the eMeals Vegetarian Family Plan for Whole Foods (we also offers a vegetarian for two and family plan that you can shop at any store or a for two plan for Whole Foods).