Skip the hamburger buns and still satisfy your burger-cravings ASAP with our Veggie-Smothered Paleo Burgers. This kid-friendly recipe is a fun twist on burgers that you can whip up in no time at all. Pair it with a roasted green veggie or some cauli-rice for a complete meal.
Arrowroot is Paleo-friendly, and lends a glossy sheen to the vegetable mixture. If you don’t follow Paleo, substitute cornstarch for the arrowroot and vegetable or canola oil for the coconut oil.
Montreal steak seasoning is a quick and easy seasoning blend that adds the perfect amount of flavor and zing to the beef patties. You can find it in your grocery store’s spice aisle. It’s a versatile pantry staple you’ll want to keep on-hand for quick flavor boosts in everything from grilled chicken to pork and steak.
Related Recipe: Family Favorite Paleo Sloppy Joes
- 11/2 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1 Tbsp Montreal steak seasoning
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil (or use avocado oil)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 (8-oz) pkg sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp arrowroot
- ⅔ cup organic chicken broth
- Combine ground beef, seasoning and ½ tsp salt in a large bowl. Shape into 6 patties.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook burgers 4 to 5 minutes per side or until done. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Add onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, garlic, pepper and remaining ½ tsp salt; cook 5 minutes. Stir together arrowroot and broth. Add broth mixture to skillet.
- Cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 4 minutes or until sauce is thickened and vegetables are tender. Top burgers with vegetables.
In search of more family-friendly Paleo recipes? Be sure to check out our Paleo meal plan, which comes with a free 14-day trial, dinner recipes, and a compiled grocery list!
Related Article: Seven-Day Paleo Challenge