The temps are rising and we are scorching in the southern heat! Time to find a fun way to cool down…AND yes, we think a pina colada most definitely fills the bill! Whip up this concoction to enjoy by the pool this summer, load up on the SPF, pop on your sun glasses and pretend you’re by the ocean for at least a few minutes.
We love the pineapple and coconut mixture to imagine we’re being whisked away somewhere tropical. Join us on our mental vacation with this virgin pina colada, won’t you?
- 1 quart pineapple juice
- 1 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 (14 oz) can light coconut milk
- 2 cups crushed ice
- ½ banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Light Whipped Cream (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons sweetened coconut flakes (optional for garnish)
- Combine the pineapple juice, crushed pineapple, light coconut milk, banana, vanilla and crushed ice in a blender.
- Blend all the ingredients for about two minutes.
- Pour into 8 glasses and garnish with optional whipped cream & sweetened coconut flakes.
- *We recommend lightly toasting the flakes for crunch and a nice golden color!
If you want more fabulous fruity concoctions to enjoy as a snack or dessert, check out the new eMeals dessert plan!